Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!


So this is my first year as a Mother and I've been lucky as this is the second Mothers Day I have celebrated. I am originally from England so my hubby decided that I deserved 2 days to celebrate and the English Mother's Day is in March!

Today Xavier decided to let me sleep until 7am and then Hubby took over, I was given breakfast in front of the computer as I got my Face book time in, Pop tarts are a breakfast no-one can mess up.

I then got the sweetest card that Xavier 'signed' as well as a cute one from Daddy.

It is one thing to celebrate the mothers out there, but I want to also recognise the other women who havent physically had children yet. Also all the mothers who have lost their little Angels. Being a mother is a hard and challenging job, it makes you the cook, chauffeur, nurse, cleaner, repair woman, moving target, coordinator, motivational speaker and a whole bunch more, but it is also the most rewarding position that I could have ever wished for. For the women who do this through choice to children they have not given birth to, I admire you. For the women who have lost Angels I hold you in my heart, knowing that the day will come that you can hold your precious child. For the women who can't have children that choose to love unconditionally I respect you. Motherhood is a noble calling, some are given children we birth, some are chosen to give angels wings, some are chosen to love others children, and some are given so much love to share they mother all around them.

Also I can't forget to mention those Dads that take the role of Mother and Father, you guys get kudos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment