Saturday, April 10, 2010

Drama about a home!

So I have been living in this house for 2 years and my Landlord shows up and tells me that he is putting the house on the market and can I get it ready for sale. At this point I'm like Ok, I'll clean up my new momma messes ie bottles lined up, baby clothes on the table being sorted etc.

2 days later I get an email demanding it be ready to be shown, now this email comes at midnight and at 8 am he calls my cell and house phone wanting updates. He is calling every day and being a general pain. What gets me is he texts and then calls anyway.

Well my DH answered and the landlord was pretty rude to him, apparently we are to pay him rent each month even though we may not be here the whole month plus he wont pay our deposit back as when he sells it will probably break our lease. So guess what...enough is enough. We went looking and found the cutest house a block away from the MIL. Its a little more each month however it comes with a washer and dryer (we are currently renting them) and is closer to DH's work so between gas and rental we save $150 per month. The extra pluses is that it has a swamp cooler, a huge plus in AZ for saving on summer electric costs, the water is heated with gas, again saving. The big luxury plus is that the rent includes the pool and service. So we get someone coming and cleaning the pool for us. Perfect for the 100 degree weather that is around the corner. Now to tell the landlord!

No comments:

Post a Comment