Friday, April 2, 2010

Xavier Birth pt2 - the milestones of 6 weeks

I promise that this is not going to be so long, but after reading the last post I realized I hadn't put down his stats.

At birth

9lb 11.5oz 19 3/4inches long

Discharge

9lb 2oz

Plus his lungs were all clear with zero infection

6 day appointment with his pediatrician

9lb 8oz 20 3/4inches long

1 month with Pediatrician

10lb 9oz and 21 1/2inches long

6 week with midwife

13lbs and 3oz

So as far as milestones:

He held his held up on day 1.

He rolled over at 5days old and even though that's young I have to keep telling myself that physically he is 2 weeks older as he was born at 42weeks.
At this point he started to refuse to sleep on his back and the pediatrician said if he does it himself he's ready just keep an eye on him. Luckily my Mum bought one of the nanny monitors. Its a monitor that goes under the sheet and if the baby doesn't move or breath in a 30 second time frame it sets off an alarm.

1 week 5days rolled himself 4 feet along the couch and off while we were sleeping, we put a bean bag there just in case.

2 weeks was pushing his shoulders off the floor

3 weeks old he commando crawled for an inch. Yes an inch is very important to me and this is one time I will measure inches :)

3weeks 2days - he will have a full conversation with you, no not words but squeaks, grunts and coos, he will say what he wants and wait for your response in return with respond back.

3 weeks 5 days - he's controlling his head to look around, his Daddy came home from work and he started looking for where the voice was coming from.

3 weeks 6days - he's eying our food and we were eating McDonald's so I thought what harm would it be to let him hold a french fry. Straight in the mouth and trying to suck on it/ chomp, he didn't really like the taste though.

4 weeks the smiles stopped being the thank goodness I farted/burped to look its Mom or look its Daddy. Only problem is every time I try and take a picture he looks at the camera and wonders what it is and smile goes bye bye

4 weeks 2 days - loves to push up on his legs, plus kick momma when he's feeding, have to put a stop to that.

4weeks 3 days - he started giving kisses, rather he opens his mouth and lands it on you with a squeak. Very cute

4weeks 4 days - I have been measuring the breast milk and formula he is up to 32oz a day so Mum suggested rice cereal, he loves it, sucks it straight off the spoon

4weeks 5days - he's copying the dogs, they come up to him and he sticks his tongue out, we don't let them lick his face but I don't agree with not letting them touch/kiss him under control. I was brought up with a doggie body guard called Sheba and it hasn't hurt me any. Only thing it did was upset my parents as my first word was 'Beba', my brother was worse he was calling for me first!

5 Weeks 1 day - This might be a problem, I think he thinks his Grandma Lesley is a phone as he kissed the phone complete with smacking noises talking to her. Shes in England and will be coming over for 3 weeks at Christmas if everything goes to plan.

5 weeks 3 days - Three inches, yet he commando crawled that long.

5 weeks 4 days - he rocks when his knees are under his tummy, today he pushed himself up into crawling position, it lasted less than a couple of seconds but soooo cute.

5 Weeks 6days - Its just Grandma he thinks is a phone, he spoke with his Daddy on the phone and started looking around the room for him.

6weeks 1 day - Daddy asked where Momma was and he looked at me, maybe co-incidence but I don't want to believe that.

6 Weeks 2 days - He opens his mouth when he sees the cereal. He loves it!

6 Weeks 4 days - I was waiting for him to open his mouth for the cereal when he leaned towards the spoon, he really likes this plus the milk/formula consumption is down to 24oz a day.

6 Weeks 5 days - he has started to yell for me instead of crying, if he wakes up and doesnt see me straight away he yells and then waits. He also yells at you if you are holding him wrong ie against your shoulder when he wants to sit. He is very opinionated.

7 weeks 1 day - his hair is turning red like Mommas and his eyes are sapphire blue like Daddies. This is going to be one cute little boy, even if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment