Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lets Talk About Diapers!

So as a new Mom, the most expensive thing I have found is the diaper expense.

So what choices are there? My first choice is to cloth diaper, the expense is far more upfront, my favorites were kisaluvs which were $100 for the starter kit. The problem I found is my little guy grew so quickly that he was out of them too soon. I intend to get more and integrate them more into my usage. I just wish I had bought more upfront. The terry ones were not the easiest to use and luckily I found a decent sewing pattern to make some of my own;

http://www.ottobredesign.com/en/print/pdf/vaippa_en.pdf

This is a free pattern and was easy to complete. I have even considered making them to sell to design, so if you ever wanted 'Twilight' diapers for you little one, maybe as an ode to Jacob or Edward or because of what a child does in a diaper for Jacob or Edward. Hey I don't judge!

The advice I would give to Moms cloth diapering is to be quick with changes and what I did to prevent staining is to throw the poopy diapers into warm water with dish detergent as soon as they came off and then washed as normal. Also wash cloth diapers before you use them as it helps with absorbency.

So now let’s talk about disposables!

There are many brands out there, Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, Parents Choice and many store brands. Each one is different and each work differently for each child. So your little one may have been perfect in Pampers and now a second child breaks out in rashes. I would suggest signing up for as many samples as you can for diapers. Even if you cloth diaper, I found having a couple of disposables in the diaper bag was such as blessing for that just in case moment.

Every Time I find samples for Diapers I will post here! Also coupons for Diapers are a huge plus because a lot of the time they are for dollars off the price and not cents.

Personally I got one package of Luvs at my baby shower and I will never use them again as they leaked all the time, they may be perfect for you and your family.

So here is my biggest piece of advice, no matter what kind of diapers you use. Sign up for the free rewards programs for Huggies and Pampers. Even if you don't use them, the free codes that circulate can get you free toys, shutterfly items, sweeps entries and lots more!

Huggies
https://enjoytheriderewards.com

Pampers
Click on the link to the side :)

Here is a list of current codes for them as well to get you started! Plus if you want me to email you an invite to give me a couple of extra points, well I won't say no :P
Huggies Codes

Plus click on the earn points tab and watch all videos and take all the polls available. As new ones come available I will post them.
1 point ~BGSHBQLWTGRKPGB
5 points ~BJQRFNCNMCNPPGB
1 point ~ BGQGLPKMCPXPPGB
5 points BJLTSTSFXCQMPGB
5 points ~BJKFTDXKFHCDPGB
5 points ~BJKNGQJRMBQRPGB
1 point ~ BGNDNHQCDQBMPGB
5 points ~BJNZKHMLTMXDPGB
5 points ~BJNDJSLLMDXJPGB
1 point ~BGQGJPQZFGDXPGB
1 point ~ BGNDJBBNXFKTPGB
5 points ~BJLKLQJQFKQBPGB
5 points ~BHSGSWKLGQRQPGB
5 points ~ BHJXFWSCMRQSPGB
5 points ~ BHSQJQKKMLFTPGB
5 points ~BFZJXQLFCXQLPGB
1 point ~ BGJRJLNWQBHNPGB
5 points ~ BFXRHQZZHCNLPGB
5 points ~ SLHPGDSPRWCDPGB
5 points ~ BFSFFMHFHCWCPGB
1 point ~ BHQWTLDZFKJTPGB
1 point ~ BHQXZMKTGBZRPGB
1 point ~ BHPCDRBCKXWNPGB
1 point ~ BHNXGRWNDTQKPGB
89217100 (bonus code)
96739416 (bonus code)

Pampers Codes

50 points ~JOINNOW4REWARDS
10 points ~facebookoct2010 (Expires 10/31/10)
10 points ~PUNTOSPARAMI123 (Expires 6/30/11)
20 points ~GIFTS2GROWBONUS
10 points ~ CAREFORNEWBORNS
10 points ~GTGCOUPONPOINTS (Expires 12/31/11)
50 points ~WELCOME2PAMPERS
10 points ~ GTGTENMONTHCODE (Expires 10/31/10)
10 points~ GTGFIVEMONTHS10
10 points~ GTGGETREADYSOON
15 points ~15GTGSUMMERFUN
10 points~GTGLEARNMORE089
10 points~getstartednow10 (Expires December 31, 2010)
30 points~GTGPLAY3USA2010
10 points ~Welcome2GTG2010
10 points ~Welcome2Village
10 points ~GROWWITHVILLAGE

Please let me know if any codes are expired so I can take them off. I am looking forward to giving you more codes and remember even if you don't use Huggies or Pampers, 5 minutes of time can equal lots of freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment